top of page

Sirr Royalty Essenti Group

Public·57 members
Cooper Morris
Cooper Morris

The Ultimate Guide to Zig Ziglar's Something to Smile About

Something to Smile About: Zig Ziglar's Inspiring Book

If you are looking for a book that can uplift your mood, inspire your mind, and motivate your actions, then you should check out Something to Smile About by Zig Ziglar. This book is a collection of stories, anecdotes, quotes, and insights from one of the most influential speakers and authors of the 20th century. In this article, I will give you an overview of who Zig Ziglar was, what his book is about, and why you should read it.

somethingtosmileaboutzigziglarpdf11

Introduction

Who is Zig Ziglar?

Zig Ziglar was born in 1926 in Alabama, USA. He grew up in a poor family and faced many challenges and hardships in his life. He served in the US Navy during World War II and then worked as a salesman for various companies. He discovered his passion for speaking and teaching when he attended a seminar by Dale Carnegie, the author of How to Win Friends and Influence People. He then started his own career as a motivational speaker and trainer, traveling around the world and sharing his wisdom and experience with millions of people. He also wrote over 30 books on topics such as personal development, leadership, sales, and faith. He died in 2012 at the age of 86.

What is the book about?

Something to Smile About is not a typical self-help book that gives you a step-by-step formula for success. Rather, it is a compilation of short chapters that cover various aspects of life, such as attitude, goals, relationships, service, happiness, and more. Each chapter contains a story or an anecdote from Ziglar's own life or from someone else's that illustrates a lesson or a principle. The chapters also include quotes from famous people, scriptures from the Bible, and questions for reflection. The book is designed to be read one chapter per day, so that you can digest the message and apply it to your own situation.

Why should you read it?

You should read this book because it will make you smile. Ziglar had a great sense of humor and a knack for telling stories that are both entertaining and enlightening. He used his wit and charm to convey his message in a way that is easy to understand and remember. He also had a genuine love and care for people and wanted to help them achieve their full potential. He was not just a speaker or a writer; he was a mentor and a friend. By reading this book, you will feel like you are having a conversation with him and getting his advice and encouragement.

Main Body

The Power of a Positive Attitude

One of the main themes of the book is the importance of having a positive attitude in life. Ziglar believed that your attitude is more important than your aptitude or your circumstances in determining your success. He said that "Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude." He also said that "You cannot tailor-make the situations in life, but you can tailor-make the attitudes to fit those situations."

How to develop a positive attitude

Ziglar suggested several ways to develop a positive attitude, such as:

• Choosing to be optimistic and hopeful, rather than pessimistic and cynical.

• Focusing on the good and the possible, rather than the bad and the impossible.

• Being grateful for what you have, rather than complaining about what you don't have.

• Surrounding yourself with positive and supportive people, rather than negative and toxic people.

• Reading and listening to uplifting and inspiring materials, rather than depressing and discouraging ones.

How to overcome negative thoughts

Ziglar acknowledged that it is not easy to overcome negative thoughts, especially when you face challenges and difficulties in life. He said that "Negative thinking will never produce positive results." He also said that "You are what you are and where you are because of what has gone into your mind. You can change what you are and where you are by changing what goes into your mind." He suggested several ways to overcome negative thoughts, such as:

• Recognizing and rejecting the lies and distortions that your mind tells you, such as "I can't do it", "I'm not good enough", "It's too hard", etc.

• Replacing the negative thoughts with positive affirmations, such as "I can do it", "I'm good enough", "It's possible", etc.

• Using the power of questions to challenge and change your perspective, such as "What can I learn from this?", "What can I do about this?", "What is the opportunity in this?", etc.

• Taking action and doing something that will improve your situation, rather than dwelling on the problem and feeling sorry for yourself.

How to use affirmations and visualization